The historic Epworth Hotel was one of the first buildings constructed after the founding of Epworth Heights in 1894. At the time the Epworth Hotel boasted 80 rooms. The wings of the Hotel were torn down in the 1970s and now the Hotel only has one suite, called the Upper Room. The Upper Room has a spectacular view of Lake Michigan and is dedicated to housing the visiting minister of the week. The Hotel lobby is a bustling meeting place for cottagers and guests to enjoy coffee, shop, and read.